[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed – Review of the Week 2016/48
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

After releasing daily snapshots without interruption for 17 days,
Tumbleweed did slow down a bit during the last week. As already
mentioned in my last review, 1124 had been canceled due to an issue
with sddm installing strange branding configurations. And later on, we
‘broke’ our own staging setup and needed to bootstrap a few of them,
making the throughput much lower than we were used to. So, we ended up
with 3 snapshots since my last review: 1125, 1128 and 1129.

The snapshots contained these interesting updates:

  * KDE Plasma 5.8.4
  * A couple X.org driver updates, in preparation for X 1.19
  * SDDM 0.14.0
  * LightDM 1.21.1

So, even if we got less snapshots, we just make them bigger – to ensure
you get your frequent dose of updates.

And those things are in the pipeline:

  * X.Org 1.19 – pending on virtualbox fix
  * All the nice things the YaST Team promised
  * Hunspell 1.5 – waiting for KDE Frameworks 5.29

Note that the next snapshots might again be a bit slower due to the OBS
scheduler reconfiguration that was announced by Adrian [0]

Cheers,
Dominique

[0] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2016-12/msg00017.html
  • No further messages