Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 17:41 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 28. September 2016, 16:39:29 schrieb Dominique
Leuenberger /
DimStar:
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 15:58 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

And maybe tracker should not be autostarted in other desktops
than
GNOME at
all.

And then people come complain that GNOME Photos, GNOME Music et.al
do
not show content when running outside of the GNOME session

Ok.

But then there's one thing I don't understand:
Why is the autostart restricted to *some* desktops (GNOME, KDE and
XFCE in
particular, the rest probably doesn't matter in openSUSE)?

There are more desktops around.

That's actually an interesting question - why 'limit' it to some known
desktops - I will certainly discuss this with upstream.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >