Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:50:40 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 28. September 2016, 17:13:37 schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
If you, like me, run both GNOME and KDE changing the "OnlyShowIn" by
removing "KDE;" is a good thing to do.

Yes, *I* know that.
Though this is probably not really transparent for "normal" users (I think
there is an option to disable it in GNOME's settings, but that doesn't help
when using another desktop either).

Actually I uninstalled tracker here, even though I have GNOME installed too.
I have no use for file indexing anyway (most of the time, sometimes it would
indeed come in handy... ;-) ), or those applications that need tracker. I also
disabled baloo here.

My experience is that having tracker
and baloo running at the same time makes KDE less responsive, to put it
mildly.

Indeed.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang