Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 17:13 +0200, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

If you, like me, run both GNOME and KDE changing the "OnlyShowIn" by
removing
"KDE;" is a good thing to do. My experience is that having tracker
and baloo
running at the same time makes KDE less responsive, to put it
mildly.

See my earlier mail - I don't think it's a great idea.

What is likely done to few is telling tracker of locations it should
not scan (e.g large git trees or the lice). Simply putting an empty
file .trackerignore is sufficient and it will not go there.

Tracker is by no means as heavy on the disk as people keep on yelling -
it is not beagle

Cheers,
Dominique