Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 15:58 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

And maybe tracker should not be autostarted in other desktops than
GNOME at
all.

And then people come complain that GNOME Photos, GNOME Music et.al do
not show content when running outside of the GNOME session

E.g. if you happen to have tracker installed and login to KDE,
tracker is
running as well in addition to KDE's file indexer (baloo). So your
files get
indexed twice without any apparent benefit.

Except if you run GNOME integrated apps on your KDE Session - otherwise
you should not install tracker

Though I just had a look and tracker has this in its autostart files:
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;KDE;XFCE;X-MEEGO-HS;X-MEEGO-NB;X-IVI;Unity;

XFCE is explicitly mentioned there, and KDE as well (the latter I
find
pointless anyway, I have no opinion on XFCE).

Maybe someone should file a bug report?

We can of course change the autostart - but then decline all future
bugs for software depending on the indexer to find appropriate
content...

Not sure if that's REALLY want we should be doing.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >