Re: [opensuse-factory] Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:58:25 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 28. September 2016, 12:19:27 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
Hi Roger,

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:08:35 +0200 (CEST)

Roger Price <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could tracker _not_ be included with Xfce installations?

+1

I think the tracker support can be move to a brasero-tracker
sub-package. If not, we should remove brasero from the Xfce Desktop
Environment pattern altogether.

And maybe tracker should not be autostarted in other desktops than GNOME at
all.

E.g. if you happen to have tracker installed and login to KDE, tracker is
running as well in addition to KDE's file indexer (baloo). So your files get
indexed twice without any apparent benefit.

Though I just had a look and tracker has this in its autostart files:
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;KDE;XFCE;X-MEEGO-HS;X-MEEGO-NB;X-IVI;Unity;

XFCE is explicitly mentioned there, and KDE as well (the latter I find
pointless anyway, I have no opinion on XFCE).

Maybe someone should file a bug report?

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang