[opensuse-factory] amdgpu MULLINS (R5) experimental support and xf86-video-amdgpu
Hi
Following on from the enabling of experimental support for Sea Island
cards (Ref: <https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kernel/2016-08/msg00010.html> )

I have a MULLINS card, which if I build the amdgpu kernel module and
add the missing line to support (Ref:
<http://kernel.opensuse.org/cgit/kernel/commit/?h=stable&id=ac9a015a9094695e49136425b4c094e04283ed0f>
)

The kernel module loads up fine on Tumbleweed 4.7.0-2-default adding the
amdgpu.exp_hw_support=1 in the kernel options, however the present
xf86-video-amdgpu driver is missing the PCI ID's for the Mullins
devices, so I patched and re-generated the relevant files (for my
card) and rebuilt the driver, added a 20-amdgpu.conf file and all works
fine now.

So, is it possible to get this implemented for Tumbleweed, do I branch
and submit for openSUSE only? Or do I need to go upstream, since there
are more pci ids for other variants and get upstream to add?

As a side note, I've also tested on SLED 12 SP2 RC1 4.4 kernel and it
works there as well.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.27-27-default