Re: [opensuse-factory] Kmail2 5.3.0 - keeps crashing with seg fault 11
On dimanche, 21 août 2016 15.45:12 h CEST Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 21. August 2016, 14:08:33 CEST schrieb Christian Boltz:
Am Sonntag, 21. August 2016, 12:17:33 CEST schrieb Michal Hlavac:
I have problem with akonadi repeating crashes, but not kmail.

I didn't see akonadi crashes directly (coredump) nor kmail dump.
But trying to suppress messages lead to finding them again in the imap
folders.
So I also followed the discussion on #opensuse-kde channel.

I'm using a central postgresql server and this is how I fix the things.
I've no special KDE repository (pure oss)

use akonadictl stop
use balooctl stop (not necessary but doesn't eat kitten)

use administrative account on your postgresql database to do the following
vaccumdb -vfz -d [your_akonadi_db]
reindex -d [your_akonadi_db]

use a console to
rm -fr ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db

(I don't care about search it will be recreated afterwards, and I'm no
customized searches)

akonadictl start
balooctl start

akonadictl fsck

and if really you want you can rerun the akonadi vacuum

akonadictl vacuum

Afterward I can again use kmail normally from what I've seen

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch