Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20160817 released!

*From:* Marco Calistri
*Sent:* Venerdì, Agosto 19, 2016 9:38AM
*To:* Opensuse-factory
*Subject:* Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20160817 released!

*From:* Dominique Leuenberger
*Sent:* Giovedì, Agosto 18, 2016 6:55AM
*To:* Opensuse-factory

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20160817

When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
while discussing a specific problem.

Packages changed:
at-spi2-atk
ceph (10.2.2+git.1468935528.7232e18 -> 10.2.2+git.1470776886.38cd6cb)
dconf
file-roller
fontconfig (2.12.0 -> 2.12.1)
gdk-pixbuf
git (2.9.2 -> 2.9.3)
glib2
gnome-desktop
gnome-power-manager
gnome-settings-daemon
gnome-shell
gvfs (1.28.2 -> 1.28.3)
libcanberra
libgweather (3.20.1 -> 3.20.2)
libinput (1.4.0 -> 1.4.1)
liblouis
libmtp (1.1.11 -> 1.1.12)
nautilus
patterns-openSUSE
perl-Archive-Zip (1.58 -> 1.59)
perl-Log-Dispatch (2.56 -> 2.57)
python3-louis
rubygem-fast_gettext (1.1.0 -> 1.2.0)
sqlite3 (3.13.0 -> 3.14.1)
vinagre
vym (2.5.4 -> 2.5.21)
yelp

=== Details ===
(snip)........
Hello,

Just as notification, I had lags after the latest TW update related to X
because my graphical login was not starting anymore.

I was using not official fontconfig libfreetype and so on, by Muzloacker
repo because I think it results in a better font quality than the
default ones but I get some inputs Googling about similar issues of
failures starting X, so I revert back to oss-repo packages fontconfig
and related packages and nos X is working again but now I loose the
Cinnamon desktop which wants to switch in fallback mode.

My video card is an Intel i915.

I ran glxgear and it works normally, I have not any special boot kernel
parameters on my grub2.

Question 1: is there a way to get better font quality using another repo
and packages without compromise the system?

Question 2: which test/workaround should I try to correct Cinnamon issues?

Thanks a lot and regards,

Hello,

For the Cinnamon issue I resolved by downgrading the package:
gdk-pixbuf-lang-2.40.16-1.2.x86_64

To the package: gdk-pixbuf-loader-rsvg-2.40.15-7.1.x86_64

Because I noticed and error by loading an svg image used into Cinnamon
Theme.

Regards,

--
Marco Calistri Opensuse Tumbleweed 64 bit - Kernel 4.7.0-2-default Gnome
3.20 Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4 - Intel® Sandybridge Mobile