Re: [opensuse-factory] WARNING - Tumbleweed snapshot 20160605 - POSSIBLE FIX
  • From: René Krell <renda.krell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 11:51:03 +0200
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 10:34 +0200, René Krell wrote:

* user.slice not being used - hence the user is limited to
system.scope
and that's 512 children (not sufficient for a normal session,
resulting
in forking issues)

So that's this weird problem with running out of threads while using
Chromium, IntelliJ and bash happening already several months...

I worked around by increasing the limit in /etc/systemd/system.conf:
DefaultTasksMax=2048

It's just that - a workaround, which might hide other things (you lack
logind integration).

I suggest to either 'force re-install systemd' (zypper in -f systemd)
which will get the config pack in place or the pam-config call
mentioned earlier... and revert the workaround.

This would ensure your entire logind integration is back in place

Dominique

OK, I did all of them:
- Clean up /etc/pam.d to get clean files installed
- Restored /etc/systemd/system.conf like originally installed
- zypper in -f systemd
- zypper in -f pam-config
- rpm -q --verify systemd pam-config
- pam-config --add --systemd

This worked and my TW 20160605 system is up and running fine (also
Chromium with dozens of open tabs doesn't run out of fork limits).

Thanks.