Re: [opensuse-factory] 42.2 package sources
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 14:59:33 +0200
Wolfgang Rosenauer schrieb:
I have a question (not sure if I missed an answer already earlier) about the
42.2 development.

I found
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:42.2/00Meta/lookup.yml?expand=1

and I'm wondering what this all means for real.
Here are a few examples:

2ping: openSUSE:Factory
DirectFB: openSUSE:Leap:42.1
FastCGI: SUSE:SLE-12:GA
ImageMagick: SUSE:SLE-12:Update
Mesa: openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Update

Not sure if those are all relevant examples.

Here is my interpretation what it could mean but I'm looking into confirmations
here:

openSUSE:Factory - this package was updated to some Factory version
for 42.2 (when?)

In general that's what it means. In the specific case of 2ping that
seems to be wrong though. osc rdiff shows no difference to 42.1 so the
lookup file should point there actually. Looks like a glitch in obs.
Same sources, but different md5.

openSUSE:Leap:42.1 - this package is still exactly the same as in 42.1
SUSE:SLE-12:GA - this package is still exactly the same as in SLE12-GA

Yes.

SUSE:SLE-12:Update - this package was updated in SLE-12 (therefore as well in
42.1?) during its lifetime

Might take a while until the package passes through openSUSE
maintenance. In general such updates should appear in 42.1 too
indeed.

openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Update - this package was not based on SLE12 version for 42.1
GA and was updated in 42.1 lifetime

Yes, it either was not based on SLE12 sources in the first place or
diverged over time. Should be listed as FORK in the 42.1 lookup.yml

Actually this would be my interpretation but a few cross checks didn't confirm
this expectation.

Any examples? The mapping file is updated by manager_42¹. Right now
I have to run it manually as it still needs tweaks here and there so
the lookup.yml may not be immediately up to date after a checkin round.

Is it still possible what the source of every package is or was?

?

cu
Ludwig

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/osc-plugin-factory/blob/master/manager_42.py