[opensuse-factory] New package proposal: jgrep
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap.darkness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 20:53:19 +0300
Hello to all!

I'd like to open a submit request with jgrep package to openSUSE Factory. It is a command-line grep-like utility written in Java. It supports Java regular expressions, RE2J, POSIX options (excluding -E and -G), most GNU grep(1) options, options -O, -2 and -8.

However packaging is a bit tricky. 1) jgrep normally requires maven at build time but there are no maven at openSUSE Factory. 2) Maven requires about *teen plugins for jgrep and no one is packaged at all. That is why upstream and I decided to let maintainer make jar file and invoke it at %prep stage.

Is *.jar bundling allowed at OBS? openSUSE Factory?

[0] https://github.com/cheusov/jgrep
[1] http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/textproc/jgrep # NetBSD package
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:DarkSS:branches:devel:tools:building/jgrep

--