[opensuse-factory] Kotd - why regular recompiles of same kernel over?
  • From: cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 16:10:59 +0200
Hi,

Please explain why e.g. KOTD head used from a normal leap 42.1 at the
moment gave me some 4.6.0-3.1 or something a few days ago and today it
likes me to upgrade it to 4.6.0-4.1 or something.

Why are there recompiles? Isnt the actual 4.6 kernel by the kernel.org
folks finished? Arent any fixes coming to this kernel then called
higher and later kernel versions e.g. 4.6.1 or something?

Or is there more to this than a mere recompile? Are there backports or
fixes from .3-1 to .4-1? Where can I find about any of this and how
this all fits together and the reasoning behind these procedures and
happenings?

TY