Re: [Bulk] Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha1 released
On 26/05/16 05:28 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
On 26 May 2016 at 22:48, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like this patch has already been backported in April.
It would be nice if the wiki had a changlogs.opensuse.org for the kernels.

Roman

Nice idea, but i think you have no idea just how much information that would
be

Leap 42.2 currently contains Kernel 4.4.11

The upstream changelogs for 4.4.11 are the *combined total* of the
following text files:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.1
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.2
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.3
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.4
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.5
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.6
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.7
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.8
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.9
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.10
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.11

That is over FOURTY THOUSAND lines of changelog entries alone. Not
code. _changelog_

https://build.opensuse.org/source/openSUSE:Leap:42.2/kernel-source/kernel-source.changes

includes another 633 lines of changelog entries added in the last *7
days* since the inclusion of 4.4.11 in OBS

(Side note: if anyone ever says anything about our kernel guys not
doing enough work I intend to point them to this thread in the
archives, good work!)

Or to put it another way..if you want to single-handedly copy/paste
and maintain thousands of lines of information in the wiki, be my
guest, but I think you have better things to do with your time... so
maybe a better technique would be to use Google and grep to scan
changelogs for the things you are interested in?

Yikes! I carumba and mama mia!! That's a lot of code!!

The openSUSE forums are loaded with questions about touchpads or
keyboards not working.
Perhaps just finding out if touchpads have been fixed or keyboards for
specific laptops?

I've been recommending updating to kernel 4.4x and they started working.

Thanks Richard

Roman