Re: [Bulk] Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha1 released
On 26 May 2016 at 22:48, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like this patch has already been backported in April.
It would be nice if the wiki had a changlogs.opensuse.org for the kernels.

Roman

Nice idea, but i think you have no idea just how much information that would be

Leap 42.2 currently contains Kernel 4.4.11

The upstream changelogs for 4.4.11 are the *combined total* of the
following text files:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.1
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.2
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.3
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.4
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.5
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.6
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.7
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.8
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.9
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.10
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/ChangeLog-4.4.11

That is over FOURTY THOUSAND lines of changelog entries alone. Not
code. _changelog_

https://build.opensuse.org/source/openSUSE:Leap:42.2/kernel-source/kernel-source.changes

includes another 633 lines of changelog entries added in the last *7
days* since the inclusion of 4.4.11 in OBS

(Side note: if anyone ever says anything about our kernel guys not
doing enough work I intend to point them to this thread in the
archives, good work!)

Or to put it another way..if you want to single-handedly copy/paste
and maintain thousands of lines of information in the wiki, be my
guest, but I think you have better things to do with your time... so
maybe a better technique would be to use Google and grep to scan
changelogs for the things you are interested in?