Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: How Leap and SLE's timetable overlap
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 19:22:04 +0200
On 26 May 2016 at 19:11, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Even if the 2017 LTS kernel does not find its way into either SLE or
Leap 42.3, I think it is beneficial to the openSUSE community to
maintain a Kernel:LTS repo. It just may be that it doesn't get a lot
of support except by importing updates from kernel.org.

Then as Michal very strongly hinted already, my advice to you is to just do it.

Do it in your home: project, prove that it can be done, prove that you
are willing to maintain it, and prove that people want to use it.

Then once it has planted it's roots, we can worry about creating a new
repo in the Kernel: project

An idea like this needs to walk before it can run.