Re: [opensuse-factory] Whither %systemd_requires, begone?
25.05.2016 15:32, Johannes Meixner пишет:

Hello,

On May 25 15:20 Andrei Borzenkov wrote (excerpt):
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am thinking about a separated (sub)-package "foo-systemd"
that contains the systemd pieces for the "foo" software
(usually systemd unit files and systemd RPM scriptlets
and the %{?systemd_requires} RPM requirements).

... what harm single file installed on your system causes you?
If you do not want to use it, do not use it.

The systemd unit file is only one of three items.
I don't care about some useless installed files.

But I wonder about the systemd RPM scriptlets
and the %{?systemd_requires} RPM requirements
in the "foo" main-package.

Don't they harm when no systemd is there?

Scriptlets need only systemctl. In early days of systemd this was solved
by providing systemctl as separate package, so packages could require it
without requiring systemd itself.

Of course when systemd is always there (e.g. via aaa_base)
the whole issue is pointless.

I thought the issue is about when no systemd is there?