[opensuse-factory] Re: How Leap and SLE's timetable overlap
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Brown <ilmehtar@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

For people like you who buy USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ludicrous speed cards so early
in the protocols existence the Kernel doesn't support it yet, we have
Tumbleweed.

Or they can use Kernel:stable on top of Leap, which combines the
stability with extra hardware support.

Even kernel stable is moving much faster than my proposal.

Is it reasonable to ask for a Kernel:LTS repo to be created?

If it existed back in Jan 2016, it could have been populated with 4.4
then and "early" adopters of the Leap 42.2 kernel could have started
to test it.

Greg