Re: [opensuse-factory] Requested backport patch from kernel 4.6 to 4.4 upstream addressing unnecessary throttling of cpus on Lenovo laptops

On 05/25/2016 03:01 AM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 05/25/2016, 03:01 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
Hi all,

I've submitted a backport from 4.6 to 4.4 upstream on kernel.bugzilla.org
for openSUSE 42.2's kernel 4.4.

81ad4276b50 is in 4.4.7, so I don't quite understand?

Two days ago, I was reading about what was added to kernel 4.6 such as the
bug fix for the throttling problem with Lenovo laptops.

Yesterday Richard notified us that kernel 4.4 will be the LTS kernel for 42.2
and I wanted to make sure that this patch was backported.

I was informed that backports need to be requested upstream so I requested it.
In the future, should I request this on the openSUSE bugzilla?
Too bad we could not use 4.6 for openSUSE 42.2.