Re: [opensuse-factory] GCC 6 as default compiler - your help is needed
Hello hackers!

On Mon, 2016-05-23 at 15:16 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
Dear openSUSE Hackers,

as you're doubtless aware, we're trying to move to GCC 6 as our
default
compiler. For this to work, your help is needed in order to make this
happen.

We currently have a couple packages that fail to build and that need
special care / attention.

You can get the latest overview from either the two links:
https://goo.gl/BMKxK0 (Rings 0 and 1)
and
https://goo.gl/LkHaUM (Ring 2)

or via the osc commands:
osc prjresults openSUSE:Factory:Staging:A -s F -V (Rings 0 and 1)
and
osc prjresults openSUSE:Factory:Staging:A:DVD -s F -V (Ring 2)

It's been 48 hours and I am impressed by all the fixes we already got
together for this!

Some fixes are 'still' on their way through the devel projects, but as
you can see at
  https://en.opensuse.org/Move_to_Gcc6
there has definitively been GREAT progress in this short time.

Thanks to everybody who helped so far to get where we are.

I understand that those were likely the 'easier' cases to fix: either
we could 'borrow' a patch from some other distro, upstream fixed it
already or the patch could be quickly written up.

What does this mean for the remaining packages? Let's put our heads
together and get to the bottom of that list - we all know that deep
inside, we want our distro to be built with GCC 6 !

With this I wish you happy hacking!

Cheers,
Dominique