Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha1 released
On Tue, 2016-05-24 at 17:10 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Would I get the performance increase with a 4.4 kernel? (I have no
idea as I haven't tested that).

Please do so. It would be interesting.

Even with a 4.5 kernel my late April Tumbleweed testing did NOT show
proper reporting of the speed.

I looked in both dmesg and "lsusb -t"

Please make a bnc and assign it to me, if the problem still shows.

I tested 2 different brands of USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIexpress cards. My
assumption is that even with a 4.5 kernel, the drivers haven't yet
fully implemented SuperSpeedPlus reporting.

The hub driver was still broken. The reported speeds were incorrect.
I've sent fixes upstream.

Regards
Oliver