Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha1 released
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 11:47:02 +0200
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas schrieb:
Em Ter, 2016-05-24 às 16:44 +0200, Ludwig Nussel escreveu:
- Think about which packages you want or need to update for 42.2.
Keep in mind that 42.2 is meant to be a minor update so please
keep the upgrade path in mind. Nevertheless some of the changes
SP2 brings like Qt or Systemd may require updates of other
components as well.

I have two questions about this:

1) When we are supposed to submit these updates and to which repository should
we submit them?

To openSUSE:Leap:42.2, there are some words about it in the wiki:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:How_to_contribute_to_Leap

2) Is there any possibility to add new packages to the tree? I'm thinking about
the editor neovim that was recently accepted in openSUSE Factory.

Sure! If it's in Factory that's perfect. Make sure it works for 42.2 and
submit.

cu
Ludwig

--