Re: [opensuse-factory] How Leap and SLE's timetable overlap
On 2016-05-25 01:49, Simon Lees wrote:

I guess the question to ask is how much do Leap users really care about
which exact kernel version they use remembering most of the people that
care about having the latest of everything are probably running
tumbleweed. Personally as long as my hardware works I have no problem
with a older kernel.

As plain user, I can tell you that we basically want all our hardware to
work perfectly. If all our hardware is (relatively) old, the kernel
version does not matter much. If one buys a computer now, it does matter
a lot.

On the on the other hand, don't assume that the user of a stable release
is happy with old software. Most of us want the most recent versions
available at the time of release of that stable, without the hassle of
having to run a distribution that is continuously updating itself with
software that is not fully tested (by humans).

Just an opinion :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)