Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha1 released
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
There are two exceptions though. The SLE12SP2 Beta1 sources landed
in OBS and we got Qt 5.6 and kernel 4.4 from there already.

Is there any chance that 42.2 will get a 4.6 or newer kernel?

The key feature for me is much better USB 3.1 support. USB 3.1 has
been around for a while now, so it seems like something that should be
better supported in Leap 42.2.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=USB3.1-More-For-Linux-4.6

ps: I know 4.4 is a LTS kernel, I just don't when the next LTS kernel
may come along. Sometime this summer would not be a surprise:

https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

Thanks
Greg

--