[opensuse-factory] Re: Re: systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Runtime Directory.
On Sun, 22 May 2016 15:43, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
22.05.2016 15:38, Yamaban пишет:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 14:29, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
22.05.2016 11:58, jcsl пишет:
El sábado, 21 de mayo de 2016 18:25:08 (CEST) Cristian Rodríguez
escribió:
On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 5:08 PM, jcsl wrote:
How do I get what is keeping /run busy?

Boot with

systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=kmsg log_buf_len=1M

create /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/debug.sh and make it
executable with the following content

#!/bin/sh
mount -o remount,rw /
lsof /run > /shutdown-log.txt
dmesg >> /shutdown-log.txt
mount -o remount,ro /

Reboot the system

send /shutdown-log.txt back for analysis.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I have attached the shutdown
log of my
desktop and my netbook.

COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
plymouthd 1967 root mem REG 0,19 217032 16798 /var/run/nscd/group

plymouthd is started to display splash screen during shutdown

[ 198.372560] systemd[1]: Starting Show Plymouth Reboot Screen...
[ 198.373926] systemd[1]: rc-local.service: Changed exited -> dead
[ 198.374221] systemd[1959]: plymouth-reboot.service: Executing:
/usr/sbin/plymouthd --mode=shutdown --attach-to-session

As long as this is the only one left it should be OK. It is not clean,
but fixing it will probably require much more efforts than it is worth.

The correct way would be shutting down nscd BEFORE plymouthd is started
for shutdown-splash.

Splash should be displayed as soon as possible, ideally as the very
first thing when shutdown is requested. Unfortunately systemd makes it
near to impossible.

IMHO adding the following line to plymouth-reboot.service should end this.
[code]
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/systemctl stop nscd.service
[/code]

Adding explicit systemctl strat/stop to service definition is always
sign of design shortcomings (either service or systemd).

Agreed, this is a shortcoming.

Sadly I've yet to find a combination of ordering hints to
apply to both nscd.service and plymouth-reboot.service
that give the same functionallity without pushing
plymouth-reboot.service even further back.
(using After, Before, Conflicts, Requires, Requisite)

During SysV init days, I would give nscd a S00nscd link.
How do we get nscd.service stopped as one of the first
things during shutdown / reboot?

I'm running against the wall in this, maybe I do not see
the tree before the forest here, but I'm stumped.

The ordering I'd like to get is:
=> shutdown / reboot is called
1. stop nscd
2. start plymouth-reboot.service
3. invoke rc-local.service
4. stop all other services
5. do maschine off / restart

- - Or is that wrong?

PS:
How does one get a dependency / ordering tree from
systemd for the shutdown / reboot without doing the
"start with debug" dance?

"systemd-analyze" is great for boot, but for halt/reboot??
The options --from-pattern=, --to-pattern= do not cover that
reliably.

- Yamaban.
< Previous Next >