Re: [opensuse-factory] Slow RPM generating on libreoffice
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 09:46:58 +0200
On úterý 17. května 2016 15:54 Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am having quite problems with slowness that happens when building
libreoffice [1]. This time the build was exceptionally slow but aside
from that I noticed 1/3rd of the time was spent generating the rpms.

Thats really really bad.
End is [37099s] OTHER/rpmlint.log
And build ends on [24352s] ~/rpmbuild/BUILD/libreoffice-5.1.3.2

I am not sure if rpmlint or rpmbuild are to blame. But I would like to
draw on experience of you guys here to figure out what is happening
and how to speed it up.

Except for the post-build slowness discussed by Jan, there might be
something fishy in the build process itself. Accidentally, I tried a
local build on an 8-core machine yesterday and noticed that quite a lot
of time, top showed only one instance of make taking 99-100% and 7 idle
cores.

Michal Kubeček