Re: [opensuse-factory] Splash Screen remains on desktop after logging in.
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:55:26 -0500
On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 18:19:28 CDT Chan Ju Ping wrote:
Somehow, the KDE splashscreen now remains as an overlay over the desktop
after logging in, and fails to disappear.

I am currently working around the problem by running:

$killall kwin_x11
$kwin_x11

Can someone familiar with the splashscreen settings help me with this
possible configuration issue with the KDE splashscreen?

After some digging, it turns out the compositor settings just needed some
tweaking. For Intel Haswell GPUs, the rendering backend and OpenGL interface
needed to be set to OpenGL 3.1 and GLX respectively.