Re: [opensuse-factory] adwaita appears to be missing in appearance in mate desktop
  • From: Benjamin Denisart <p.drouand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 08:57:43 +0200
On 04/25/2016 08:39 PM, Roman Bysh wrote:

On 04/24/2016 05:19 PM, jcsl wrote:
El domingo, 24 de abril de 2016 15:30:45 (CEST) Roman Bysh escribió:
On 04/24/2016 03:27 PM, Benjamin Denisart wrote:
On 04/24/2016 09:07 PM, Roman Bysh wrote:
Hi all,

I thought I'd take a look at the mate desktop.
When I open preferences-->appearance it shows that
adwaita is missing - even though adwaita for gtk2 is installed.

Any else experiencing this?
Yep and it's normal. Adwaita is not a complete theme, that's why it
appears to be broken.
Too bad. It worked in our earlier versions of openSUSE GNOME.
Not sure if it was in the 12.x series.
Hi.

I think it is a MATE issue, it works fine on LXDE. Btw, AFAIK Adwaita is a
complete theme and it has been working perfectly fine since I started using
it.

Greetings.

I'm sure the maintainer will fix the bug.

Over the weekend, I installed openSUSE 11.4 with GNOME 2.42x and it
looks really
nice and solid!! No crashes.

The sonar theme makes it look like it was released recently.
I hope the mate developers are looking at it closely.

Roman

It's an icon theme, not a complete theme. Just go to advanced settings to set Adwaita as the icon theme.