Re: [opensuse-factory] Docker 1.11 Update
Moin,

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, 17:32:37 +0200, Yamaban wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 16:23, Aleksa Sarai <asarai@...> wrote:
Hi all,

In the recent Docker 1.11 update, several components of the Docker
daemon were split into different parts. The container runtime (runC) and
the daemon that manages runC runners (containerd) are separated from the
Docker daemon completely. To this end, I've packaged all three
components separately -- which means we have to add two packages.
[...]
Have you ensured that a update of package "docker" from version 1.10.x to
1.11.x pulls in package "runc" and "containerd" as "Require" and not just
as "Recomment" ?
Else a "zypper up" or "zypper patch" would not leave the docker system in
a functional state if "noRecomments" is set in the zypper config.

FWIW, I have noRecommends set and a "zypper up" did indeed pull the two
additional packages -- and docker still runs.

Next is the state of docker-compose, that can only described as "poor".

IMHO just packaging the docker-compose 1.7.0 binary blob from github with
a additional man-page would be a big improvement above the status quo.

Yep, I can only agree here.

Thank you for the work invested.

Likewise.

- Yamaban.