Re: [opensuse-factory] Fail to run VirtualBox virtual machine
I have the correct versions, a reboot did the trick, it is working now. Thanks for the help!

/Micke.

On 2016-04-19 16:24, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Mikael Springer <mikael.springer@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-19-16 10:14]:
It didn't help;

micke@deimos:> sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
root's password:
Recompiling VirtualBox kernel module, NOT. It has been packaged. done

Then, when I try to start the virtual machine I get the same error message
as before.

Regards, Micke.

On 2016-04-19 15:59, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Mikael Springer <mikael.springer@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-19-16 09:16]:
When I try to start a virtual machine using VirtualBox I get an error
message:

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver
(vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a permission problem with
/dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall the kernel module by executing
'/sbin/rcvboxdrv setup' as root. If it is available in your distribution,
you should install the DKMS package first. This package keeps track of Linux
kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv kernel module if necessary. where:
suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support
driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

VirtualBox is installed from Tumbleweed repos. /sbin/rcvboxdrv doesn't exist
so reinstalling the kernel module using this is not an option.

What's wrong?

Nothing is wrong, but you have not taken all the necessary steps:
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:VirtualBox_Installation
/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

Then you don't have the VirtualBox package/rpm matching your installed
kernel......

for current tumbleweed would be:
kernel-default-devel-4.5.0-3.1.x86_64
virtualbox 5.0.17-1.3
virtualbox-guest-kmp-default 5.0.17_k4.5.0_3-1.3
virtualbox-host-kmp-default 5.0.17_k4.5.0_3-1.3