Re: [opensuse-factory] Feedback needed: swap sharing in the new installer proposal
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2016-04-14 13:25, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Sorry, resume from hibernation that is. I tried a couple of times
and it's < 3 seconds, to be fair.

Wow. Fast.

I'm skeptical this is Linux resume from hibernate. It takes longer
than this for the firmware to get through POST, let alone the
bootloader and kernel loading.

Less than three seconds is consistent with firmware managed resume
from suspend to disk, a.k.a. IRST. And the kernel has support for it,
but I'm not aware if anything that initiates suspend (systemd?) is
using that sysfs function yet. But this form of firmware managed
suspend is only found on UEFI firmware computers, and requires a
specific dedicated partition with a defined partition type GUID. It
cannot use the Linux swap partition.

--
Chris Murphy