Re: [opensuse-factory] Transitioning to GCC 6
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 15:39 +0200, Normand wrote:
On 15/04/2016 13:25, Richard Biener wrote:

You may have noticed that GCC 6 packages appeared in Factory (but
gcc
used for building packages still points to GCC 5).  Somewhen in
January I set up openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc6 where GCC 6 is used
to build packages.  The status of that is that it depends on the
glibc update pending in Staging:B and it still requires fixing a
few
packages, mostly -Werror related.  There was a point in time where
openQA was green for x86_64 (and Minimal-X).

Once Staging:B has been accepted I'll formally submit an update
to gcc to make it point to GCC 6 thus obsoleting the above
Staging:Gcc6.
That staging can nevertheless be used to look at the current FAILs
which are

build  failed
cluster-glue  failed
elfutils  failed
espeak  failed
gdb  failed
jack  failed
libyui  failed
llvm  failed
mozilla-nss  failed
pesign  failed
python3-base  failed
xen  failed

and can also be caused by the glibc update which I pulled into
Staging:Gcc6.

Any help is appreciated.

Richard.

Dinar,

I do not know anything about required bootstrap for Staging setup
but I am impressed by the number of unresolvable for ppc64le archi
(1)
(439 entries at time of this email)

Are there missing copy somewhere ?

(1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/openSUSE:Factory:Stagi
ng:Gcc6?arch_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&unresolvable=1

From what I see the 'root of evil' is with systemd-mini, which is
solvedin TW since today... Not sure if this flowed down into the Gcc6
staging yet.

Cheers,
Dominique