Aw: [opensuse-factory] (Written tongue-in-cheek) OK, I know that I am very difficult to confuse, but this re TW has me confused......
  • From: tomtomme <thomas.lassdiesonnerein@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:55:43 +0100
+1
Plesse someone with permissoin update those readme files. Yes, files, because during a fresh tw install i See another readme which still is the one from 13.2...

Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>schrieb:

In PORTAL-TUMBLEWEED-

https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed

there is this statement:

quote

Tumbleweed is based on Factory, openSUSE's main development codebase.
Tumbleweed is updated once Factory's bleeding edge software has been
integrated, *stabilized* and *tested*. Tumbleweed contains the latest
stable applications and is ready for daily use. [My emphasis]

unquote

But then in the README.FIRST, found in the repository-

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/iso/

it is stated that

quote

These ISO files are published automatically once a new snapshot
finished. They haven't seen any kind of testing before publishing, so
download on your own risk and cost.

Most of the time they work, but there are times when they are broken.

unquote

Who would like to explain this apparent contradiction?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.2.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor