Re: [opensuse-factory] no plasma start in TW (was: Booting problems with Tumbleweed)
C. Brouerius van Nidek composed on 2015-10-30 15:02 (UTC+0700):

Since several updates I have problems with the boot process.
In most cases the process stops just before my screens should show up.
Sometimes nothing shows, sometimes some programs show and than freezes.
CtrlAltDel will not work but I can always logout with Ctl Alt <--
After trying several times to reboot from the init 3 position sometimes
with
success. I also have to retreat to a complete reboot.
.
I am using Plasma. If I choose LXQT I have no booting problem whatever.
Is there some site with instructions?
Other suggestions?

As you have no problem "booting" LXQT, what you describe is not a booting
problem, but a Plasma problem.

Which "Plasma"? Check if krandr is installed. If it isn't, install it and try
again. If that doesn't help, opensuse-kde list is probably the better place
for discussion.

cf. http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2015-10/msg00067.html

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/