Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot of iso image on USB stick with Tumbleweed on Dell Lattitude E5500 failed
On 10/28/2015 06:26 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
I tried to boot from a USB stick on which I wrote the iso image of the latest
Tumbleed 20151022 using SUSE Studio Imagewriter on a Dell laptop Lattitude
E5500.

Obviously I rearranged in the BIOS to start looking for a bootable image from
a USB device.

The laptop did not see a bootable image on the USB stick and started from the
hard disc.

I searched the Internet for a solution, but did not find one.

Anyone succeeded in installing openSUSE on this laptop?

I had a similar issue with a different OS and it turned out that the "boot" flag was not properly set. I ended up using gparted to set the boot and active flags.

HTH

--
Ken
linux since 1994