Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot of iso image on USB stick with Tumbleweed on Dell Lattitude E5500 failed
  • From: Trent Hawkins <trent.hawkins83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:23:47 +1100
On 29 October 2015 at 09:26, Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to boot from a USB stick on which I wrote the iso image of the latest
Tumbleed 20151022 using SUSE Studio Imagewriter on a Dell laptop Lattitude
E5500.

Obviously I rearranged in the BIOS to start looking for a bootable image from
a USB device.

The laptop did not see a bootable image on the USB stick and started from the
hard disc.

I searched the Internet for a solution, but did not find one.

Anyone succeeded in installing openSUSE on this laptop?

Maybe just dd to USB?

Also I used to have a Dell and vaguely remember being able to directly
select the device to boot from/rather than just changing the boot order?

Trent

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE