Re: [opensuse-factory] "About KDE" box in programs
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 20:15:22 +0000
On Wednesday 28 Oct 2015 16:17:05 Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015, 15:03:50 schrieb ianseeks:
I'm guessing that the Kmail "About" is KDE4 format so that would
invalidate
part of my question

Yes. KMail 4.14.x is the KDE4 version obviously, and uses kdelibs4, or "KDE
Platform Version 4.14.12".
Whereas the other applications you mention use KDE Frameworks5.

but shouldn't the about box report KDE relevant info
like version numbers?

"About KDE" gives information about KDE, the community that creates
software. That community doesn't have a version number, so it makes no
sense to display a version number there.

Look into "About"->Version if you want to know which Frameworks and Qt
versions the application uses.

ok, will do. I would have though it would be tidier just to have one menu
item "About" that showed all the info for the app but thats just my
preference.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Thanks