Re: [opensuse-factory] opensuse.org login expiration (was: Flash Player dropped from...)
Christian Boltz composed on 2015-10-28 18:16 (UTC+0100):

No, because login fails.

Fehler: Umleitungsfehler
Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet
werden kann.

I've seen this more than once (mostly in bugzilla), and I have a *guess*
why it happens.

Usually I see this message when I'm logged in since several hours.

It seems there are different "opinions" about the login lifetime at
various places. The login check (when loading a wiki/bugzilla page)
thinks the login expired, so you get redirected to the login page -
which thinks you are still logged in and then forwards you to the page
you came from, which does the login check again and thinks your login
expired and therefore redirects you to the login page, ...

Germans, sing "Ein Loch ist im Eimer, Karl-Otto, Karl-Otto, ..." now!
For everybody who doesn't understand that: that's a funny song which is
basically the long version of "GOTO 1" ;-)

BTW: https://login.microfocus.com tells me the session is valid for 540
minutes = 9 hours.

I wish it would reset on each load of a new URL, instead of arbitrarily
asking to login yet again after that period expires and something in an open
page is clicked on. No other bugzilla bug tracker I've ever used timeouts
before the browser session expires, if that soon. Some don't expire unless
the browser version or IP changes since login. After all, it's not a
financial institution or home for proprietary information.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/