Von: Neil Rickert
Gesendet: Mi. 28.10.2015 17:40
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed installation fails with LVM error
code -4013

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:06:59 PM stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

for mageia the disk is empty.
(WTF???). So I said, can happen, I went to
put in the tumbleweed (latest
available snapshot) in the dvd and started
the installation. Comes out that
Tumbleweed does ask you for a password for
the tumbleweed installation on an
empty disk. So I looked and yes, the
former partitioning seems to be there.
I then choose: propose a
partitioning, attributed the whole
disk, set to encrypted LVM. Anomaly:
here it did not ask me for the
password. I thought it would later on but
now.
Then installing it gives the following
error:
LVM_VG_REMOVE_FAILED
error code -4013
/sbin/vgrepremove'system' -f
command failed with status code
5

This looks a bit similar to the issues that I had when installing
20151017.
I've described this in a blog post at
href="https://nwrickert2.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/my-tumbleweed-install-for-october/";
target="_blank">https://nwrickert2.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/my-tumbleweed-install-for-october/

I deleted the luks partition, then retried with some success. I'm
guessing
that if you did not give the LUKS password, it might have worked.
That is to
say, it could not remove the partition because it was busy, having
been opened
when you provided the password.

I had an additional issue. The partitioner seemed to allocate a
small
partition for "/boot". Except it did not configure it for "/boot"
and it did
not set a file system. I had to fix that in the custom partitioner.

If you have an open bug report on this, then mention the bug number
and I
might add notes from my experience.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

---