[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Use pvops-enabled kernel for Xen (fate#315712)
Dne 27.10.2015 v 13:36 Juergen Gross napsal(a):
Michal,

On 10/02/2015 04:55 PM, Michal Marek wrote:
Hi,

you have probably noticed that the SUSE virtualization developers have
been working on porting features from the kernel-source patches.xen
series to the upstream Xen implementation. This mostly works nowadays,
so at the SUSE Labs Conference last month, we agreed to finally get rid
of kernel-xen in Factory and instead use kernel-default with CONFIG_XEN
(the mainline option) enabled. I prepared a branch on github

https://github.com/michal42/kernel-source stable-noxen

which does exactly this. Test packages are building here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:michal-m:kernel-stable-noxen

The kernel boots and works on my machine, both on bare metal and under
the hypervisor (*), but there is some integration work to be done before
it can be submitted to Factory:

- The installer needs to cope with kernel-xen not available and choose
kernel-default. Something like the attached patch should fix it
(untested).
- perl-Bootloader: Right now, it creates a Xen multiboot entry if the
kernel is named -xen, otherwise it creates a regular linux entry.
Create both entries if the Xen hypervisor is installed?
- kernel-xen needs to be dropped from the patterns, but that's trivial
- We have been building a kernel-obs-build-xen package for the OBS
workers, which now disappears.

Anything missing to make the move?

The installer needs to be updated (or at least, tested). I didn't have
time for this due to SLE12 SP1.

Michal