Re: [opensuse-factory] Flash Player dropped from Tumbleweed and Leap 42.1
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:43:03 -0300
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Mathias Homann
On 2015-10-27 12:32, Stephan Kulow wrote:

You can still download flash-player from adobe's web site - and that's
what adobe wants you to do
Why was this not said in the initial post? ;-)
Would have saved noise. It is about the same we do with the JRE, no?

The question then arises, how to learn when to do updates, and how to do
them. Maybe someone can find out and post on the wiki :-?

Adobe provides a yum repository, I'd assume that is the way to go for
updates now.
Haven't tested it on anything other than RHEV so far tho.

I've been using adobe's yum repository for a while now.

It used to require lsb, not sure if it's still the case (which is no
problem on TW or Leap AFAIK, but thought I'd mention).

It works fine, but at one point I needed to add a symlink to firefox
for it to find the plugin. It was a long while ago.

So, summary, it's not as smooth a ride as openSUSE's package, but it
works well enough.