Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum

Hello,

On Oct 26 19:48 Michael Ströder wrote (excerpt):
Johannes Meixner wrote:
On Oct 24 01:10 Matthias G. Eckermann wrote (excerpt):
... agree on the minimum functionality that should be
available, to allow an adminitrator with "average
experience" to successfully start a secure production
server from that "minimal".
perl might be needed anyways

Perhaps perl is already needed in practice for an
adminitrator with "average experience" to let him
successfully do his work as he is used to do it.

Then he/she should be able to install it

Which is what I had already written in this thread:

"Basically with a really minimum pattern the only thing
that must work is bash and 'zypper install'."

But I think this contradicts what Matthias G. Eckermann
had meant - as far as I understand him.

It seems it is going in circles (as often).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)