[opensuse-factory] Re: eth0 in leap 42.1
Michal Kubecek wrote:
On Monday 26 of October 2015 11:12:05 Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
Beside this a public-opinion poll would be an option

For Leap 42.1 do you prefere

[ ] Persistent network device naming like eth0, ...
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-hwconfig.tour.html
[ ] Predictable network device naming enp0s3, ...

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkIn
terfaceNames [ ] I do not care about network device naming
[ ] I do not know what this is about

Definitely persistent names (though I don't insist on the eth* form).
So-called "predictable" names are not persistent in general - and
neither are they really predictable.

I fully agree. For me "predictable names" seems to be an euphemism.

[X] Persistent network device naming like eth0

Ciao, Michael.