Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: eth0 Vote
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:15:34 +0300
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
This new device is going to be renamed to a different name anyway so
it's not a problem that cannot be solved. The old generator didn't solve
it reliable. The generator from SLE12, as far as I can say, does.

I take your word on it.

This makes hardware replacement much more difficult and demanding than
it could be, especially when the only access to system you have
remotely is via interface that is replaced.

Are we still talking about "most cases"?

For me yes. I do not see what problems persistent naming based on MAC
address solves (I do not say it does not, just I am not aware of them)
but I am well aware of problems it creates.