Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : multiversions of kernel-default & zypper dup
On Tue, Oct 27, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 26, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

But now I ask myself why "zypper up" does not install it ...

Because both contain filenames ending with "4.2.3-1", rather than
"4.2.3-1.4" vs. "4.2.3-1.1".

Could you elaborate? How filenames inside RPM are related to comparing
two RPM versions and choosing one with higher version? I just try to
understand what zypper logic is based on.

I do not know the logic inside libzypp. Most likely it has some
knowledge to prevent the resulting filename conflicts.

Olaf