Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: eth0 Vote
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 07:21:29 +0100
On Tuesday 27 of October 2015 06:34:30 Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
The problem with persistent was renaming inside the same namespace
that was not reliable. People were actually left with eth0_temp at
times.

This has been fixed.

Another consideration is that IMHO persistent renaming based on MAC is
wrong in most cases and should have never been default. This is
fixable again.

There are special scenarios when it's not suitable (once I've seen a
Hyper-V setup which assigned VM's NIC different MAC address each time)
but I certainly wouldn't call these "most cases".

Michal Kubeček