Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: eth0 Vote
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Ben Holmes <bholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
G'day all,

As long as there is a choice and it is easy, I don't think it matters.
Perhaps a nice "tick box" in YaST would be a good feature one day, but
probably not (see the last point below).

As for what should be default, I personally thing it should be Predictable
since:
* It is easy to change to Persistent from Predictable, but not necessarily as
easy the other way. (To disable Predictable IF naming, just add
"net.ifnames=0" to your boot cmdline).

No, you cannot change it this way. There is no code in udev to do
old-style renaming. You can disable use of net_id names, that's true,
but then you are responsible for providing alternate solution to
reliably rename interfaces if you want it. Disabling Predictable does
not automatically give you Persistent.