Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
On 26/10/15 19:59, Richard Brown wrote:
On 26 October 2015 at 19:29, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Well, I think we ought err on the side of caution and keep the
firewall by default. It's by far the safest option.

I forget, it's too late for that, sorry.

I hate to be the grumpy (old?) man pointing out the obvious but I'd
like to remind everyone that every single user of Leap, as part of
every single install, will be informed of their impending
installations firewall status (whether it be on or off) as part of the
Installation Settings page

Yeah you're absolutely right. A newbie would carefully be checking every setting, the experienced admin would be more into assuming everything is as last time. We provide the defaults more for the newbie than for the experienced admin.

With the built in information provided to every user upon installation
regarding the status of their installation, and maybe an extra
reminder in release notes, I really do not think this topic is worth
too many more posts..

Yup, it's a pretty busy list, and we'll fix the pattern in the next update anyway.

/Per