Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: eth0 Vote
On 26 October 2015 at 20:08, Cameron Seader <cseader@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1

On 10/26/2015 10:12 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Monday 2015-10-26 11:12, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
Beside this a public-opinion poll would be an option

For Leap 42.1 do you prefere
(choose one)
... becasue this is for the users and system adminstrators out
there.
[ ] Persistent network device naming like eth0, ...
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-hwconfig.tour.html
[x] Predictable network device naming enp0s3, ...

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames
[ ] I do not care about network device naming
[ ] I do not know what this is about

More specifically,
[x] Do as upstream does.

I vote for Predictable network device naming

On my servers it makes endless sense, but also on my laptop - my
not-that-fancy laptop has 3 network devices and some of those can be
plugged and unplugged - I dont want to have to deal with the
'persistent' naming nonsense that I used to for years