Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: leap42 - minimum server pattern has become too minimum
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:59:59 +0100
On 26 October 2015 at 19:29, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Well, I think we ought err on the side of caution and keep the
firewall by default. It's by far the safest option.

I forget, it's too late for that, sorry.

I hate to be the grumpy (old?) man pointing out the obvious but I'd
like to remind everyone that every single user of Leap, as part of
every single install, will be informed of their impending
installations firewall status (whether it be on or off) as part of the
Installation Settings page

https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/96220/modules/installation_overview/steps/2

https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/96213/modules/installation_overview/steps/2

If it's on and they want it off, they can click that disable link next
to "Firewall will be enabled"

If it's off and they want it on, they can click that enable link next
to "Firewall will be disabled"

Considering that, I think the idea of putting a comment in the release
notes is theoretically unnecessary, but nice to do.

With the built in information provided to every user upon installation
regarding the status of their installation, and maybe an extra
reminder in release notes, I really do not think this topic is worth
too many more posts..